Foliate – free and open source simple and modern eBook viewer for Linux desktop
- Supported formats for reading e-books: EPUB, Mobipocket, Kindle, FictionBook (.fb2, .fb2.zip), and comic book archive formats (.cbr, .cbz, .cbt, .cb7).
- Use a swipe, wheel, arrow key or mouse to flip page;
- Viewing the table of contents;
- Search in one or all chapters;
- The reading progress slider with Chapter labels makes it easy to find where you are reading;
- Estimate the remaining amount of time to read the Chapter and the book as a whole;
- Actions with images: zoom, rotate, copy, save to hard disk, and view in negative;
- Open footnotes in popovers;
- Trackpad gestures – use two-finger swipe to turn the page;
- Open multiple books at the same time, or open the same file in multiple windows.
Bookmarks and annotations:
- Support for bookmarks;
- Annotation support: create, open, search, import and export;
- Foliate stores your reading progress, bookmarks, and annotations in your XDG data directory as simple JSON files, so you can easily export or sync them.
- Look up words in Wiktionary, Wikipedia, or offline DICT and StarDict dictionaries;
- Translate passages with Google Translate;
- Text-to-speech with eSpeak NG, Festival, or other engines; Get books online from OPDS feeds.
It is possible to configure:
- Font family and size;
- Line spacing, margins, and page width;
- Choose a theme;
- Page view: auto, single-column, two-column, or continuous scrolling layouts;
- Use the font from the publisher;
- Width alignment;
- Automatic word wrap;
- Skeuomorphic mode;
- Auto-hide cursor and window controls;
- Supports text with a message from right to left and vertically.
- Search and sort by added books: all, title, author, tags, description, publisher, language;
- Full screen mode support;
- Support for keyboard shortcuts.
The software Foliate is available for installation on Linux.
|PPA||Ubuntu* 16.04/18.04/19.04/20.04, Linux Mint 18/19, Debian|
|Deb||Ubuntu* 16.04/18.04/19.04/20.04, Linux Mint 18/19, Debian|
|Snap||Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Arch Linux, Fedora, CentOS, KDE Neon, openSUSE, elementary OS, Manjaro, Red Hat Enterprise Linux|
|Flatpak||Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Arch Linux, Fedora, CentOS, KDE Neon, openSUSE, elementary OS, Manjaro, Red Hat Enterprise Linux|
*Ubuntu (GNOME), Kubuntu (KDE), Xubuntu (XFCE), Lubuntu (LXDE)
Install Software via PPA repository
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:apandada1/foliate
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install foliate
Install Software via Deb package
Install Software via Snap package
sudo snap install foliate
Install Software via Flatpak package
flatpak install flathub com.github.johnfactotum.Foliate
|Language Interface:||English, Russian, Deutsch, Spanish, French and others|
If you like it, share it!