Getting Things Gnome (GTG) is a free and open source personal organizer/task manager inspired by the “Getting Things Done” (GTD) methodology
On the header bar, you can:
- create a new task;
- change the task start date;
- access the “Open”, “Actionable”, and “Closed” view modes;
- perform a search;
- get access to the program settings.
- Search. Search for tasks using GTG’s Search Syntax. You can also save search queries;
- Sidebar. You can turn it on/off in the main menu. You can view all tasks, saved searches, tasks with no tags, and tasks by individual tag;
- You can sort tasks in the task browser by name, start date, and due date;
- There is a quick addition of a task entry, which is located below the task browser;
- You can add a subtask to a task.
When you right-click on the selected task, you will see the editing options:
- add a subtask;
- mark as completed;
- set the start date;
- set a deadline;
- to change the tags.
- When editing a task, you can paste links, add tags (start with the “@” sign), and add subtasks (start with a dash “-”) inside the Task Editor;
- You can apply/generate colors to saved search results and tags;
- You can choose the font family and size
List of currently available plugins in GTG:
- Untouched Tasks. Assigns tasks that you have not touched for a while with the @untouched tag;
- Send Tasks via Email. Adds a button in the menu on the Task Editor toolbar, which allows you to easily send a task (with its status, due dates, tags, and subtasks) through email;
- Export and Print. Exports the tasks in the current view into a variety of formats;
- Urgency Color. Calculates the urgency status of each of your currently active tasks and color-codes those tasks accordingly.
The software Getting Things Gnome (GTG) is available for installation on Linux.
|Flatpak||Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Arch Linux, Fedora, CentOS, KDE Neon, openSUSE, elementary OS, Manjaro, Red Hat Enterprise Linux|
*Ubuntu (GNOME), Kubuntu (KDE), Xubuntu (XFCE), Lubuntu (LXDE)
Install Software via Flatpak package
flatpak install flathub org.gnome.GTG
|Language Interface:||English, Russian, Deutsch, Spanish, French and others|
|Developer:||The GTG team|
If you like it, share it!