KeePass – free and open source, light-weight and easy to use software for secure password storage
- KeePass supports the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES, Rijndael) and the Twofish algorithm to encrypt its password databases;
- Authentication password and the file key;
- Export to: TXT, HTML, XML and CSV files, as well as import from many different formats. Many other file formats are supported through KeePass plugins;
- It is possible to synchronize two password databases: combining elements of one container with data from the corresponding elements of another container;
- It is possible to sort by: name, username, password, link, note;
- Support for opening multiple password databases in tabs;
- There is a password generator;
- There is a search;
- You can set a reminder to change your account password;
- You can leave a comment on the post;
- You can attach files to a record;
- The history of password changes is maintained;
- Drag and Drop support: all fields, title, username, password, URL and notes can be drag and dropped into other windows;
- Auto-type password support;
- Plugins support (import/export from/to various data formats, database backup, integration and automation, etc.);
- Support for keyboard shortcuts.
By double-clicking on an entry, you can:
- Name: opens the edit window for this entry;
- Name: copies the user’s name to the clipboard;
- Password: copies the user’s password to the clipboard;
- Link: opens the address it contains in the browser or copies it to the clipboard (the required option is set in the settings).
The software KeePass is available for installation on Linux and Windows.
|PPA||Ubuntu* 16.04/18.04/19.04/20.04, Linux Mint 18/19, Debian|
*Ubuntu (GNOME), Kubuntu (KDE), Xubuntu (XFCE), Lubuntu (LXDE)
Install Software via PPA repository
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jtaylor/keepass
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install keepass2
Install Software via EXE package on Windows
|Language Interface:||English, Russian, Deutsch, Spanish, French and others|
If you like it, share it!