Klavaro is a free and open source, multi-platform program designed to teach typing on the keyboard
- Klavaro supports many languages;
- There is a large selection of keyboard layouts;
- There is a built-in keyboard layout editor: adjust the position of the keys and save them as a text file. If your keyboard is missing, you can create one.
The Klavaro program includes theory and four types of practical exercises:
- Theory – tells about the correct location of the hands and fingers;
- The initial course is memorizing the position of the keys on the keyboard;
- Adaptability – develops the ability to adapt your typing skills to any words;
- Speed – learning how to print fast;
- Smoothness – a set of whole paragraphs without errors, emphasis on a uniform printing pace.
- There is an opportunity to track your progress on the chart: accuracy and speed;
- It is possible to use third-party texts in exercises;
- Online competition (smoothness exercise): there is a system for ranking users depending on their printing speed (locally or globally to the server); Simple and user-friendly interface.
The software Klavaro is available for installation on Linux and Windows.
|Deb||Ubuntu* 16.04/18.04/19.04/20.04, Linux Mint 18/19, Debian|
|RPM||openSUSE, Rosa Linux, Mageia, ALT Linux, Fedora, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and others|
|Flatpak||Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Arch Linux, Fedora, CentOS, KDE Neon, openSUSE, elementary OS, Manjaro, Red Hat Enterprise Linux|
*Ubuntu (GNOME), Kubuntu (KDE), Xubuntu (XFCE), Lubuntu (LXDE)
Install Software via Deb package
Install Software via RPM package
Install Software via Flatpak package
flatpak install flathub net.sourceforge.Klavaro
Install Software via EXE package on Windows
|Language Interface:||English, Russian, Deutsch, Spanish, French and others|